Sunday, October 9, 2016

Thankful Thursday!

Thankful Thursday rather went by the wayside last week.  I just didn't feel like blogging and what I had to share was really nothing, so I didn't.  

Then came Friday.  I rushed from the Y out to Sand Creek to work with a "secretive" group of chiropractors who were there to be challenged by their leader, Torrey. 

Oh, he was rude and obnoxious. I could barely stand him.  And so humanistic - "believe in yourself", "you can do", "you're a loser if you don't try."  

So I asked some of them, "How much did you pay to be yelled at like this?"  

Response:  "What do you mean?  Don't you like him?"  

"Really?  No.  I see no positive encouragement in him."  

At that point, one of my co-workers who I have worked with two years and who also loves Jesus replied, "I think she (meaning me!) is ready to tell him off." 

I didn't, but my heart hurt for these twenty-five lost men and women who had no hope but in themselves and Torrey who had no grace.  We all know how awesome it is to "be your own god."   And so I was thankful that I know Jesus . . . that I have hope . . . and joy . . . and peace . . . and I am accepted just as I am.  To God be the glory!    

No comments:

Post a Comment