Sunday, August 21, 2016

The NOMADS

The NOMADS came to Sand Creek Adventures yesterday!  NOMADS stands for "Nomads On a Mission Active in Divine Service" providing volunteer labor for United Methodist organizations.  They travel in their RVs, usually spending three weeks on a project.  The project they're currently working on is building an addition to the Lydia Methodist Church.  Lydia?  You know, that small town just south of Prior Lake . . .

Did I mention they were all retired?  Which means "older than average"?  I had the honor of sending them down the zip line.  The next to last one to go was Jodi.  She was one of the oldest and confessed her extreme fear of heights: "Someone sing a hymn.  I can't do this!"  My response: "I can only think of 'Amazing Grace'."  Jodi:  "Oh, that's a funeral hymn!"  (That was news to me - maybe she doesn't know my version!)  Then one of the NOMADS who wasn't zipping began to sing, "Onward Christian soldiers . . ." and off she went! 

No comments:

Post a Comment