Sunday, August 28, 2016

Thankful Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

When God is so good, there's no reason NOT to thank Him every single day!

Thursday
Woo hoo!  I passed my pre-op Thursday morning and went to Sam's school in the afternoon to set up his room.  I had his car and he had mine, so when I left to go home to make supper, I got into his car, turned on the key and got this awful "rrrhhh, rrrhhh, rrrhhh" sound.  Fortunately, he was still in the building, he was able to call Boeser's for a repair and I was able to call Matt to have him make supper.  All was good.  Three phone calls later, Matt had supper in the oven and we discovered Micah now had Sam's stomach bug. Thankfully, I didn't.  Nor did I have Matt's cold. 

Friday
I was called in to work early at Sand Creek to tour people.  I sent them down the zip and then followed them to the next platform where I sent them off again.  It was a beautiful day - awesome for zipping!  Thankful for a lovely time at work, I arrived home to discover Sam's car repairs were only around $140.00 and his car was home.  Unfortunately, Micah's fever went higher and higher and higher as the evening progressed.  Thankfully, it went down just before we loaded her in to the car to take her to ER.  And I didn't have her fever.  Nor did I have Matt's cold.

Saturday
It was a wet and rainy day when we started work at Sand Creek, but thankfully by noon the rain was gone - and I got to tour once again!  Seriously, there is nothing like riding our zip line!  The best zip of the day came from a man who grew up in India.  He was shaking on the platform as I went to send him off.  He didn't want to go, he didn't want to go, he didn't want to go.  I finally got him off and he started to scream and then part way though his first zip, those screams turned to giggles of joy.  And you know what?  We could hear those giggles of joy all the way through his second zip, too!  And in spite of the rain, I still didn't have the fever or the cold.

Sunday
Today was "Step Out and Serve" day at our church.  What started out as a joke on our part became the opportunity for 50 some people to go to Sam's school and spruce up the grounds before school starts tomorrow (for the staff).  I can only say how absolutely amazing these people were!  There was no weed too tall, no task too big - they went above and beyond what they were asked to do!  What an absolutely amazing blessing!  I managed to take two photos with my phone which barely gives you insight to the awesome time we had - working/serving!  Still without a fever or a cold . . . 48 hours to go!

Weed Smashing in the Dumpster

Hauling water - really!
  Surgery
Barring any unforeseen fever or cold compliments of my germ sharing family, I am scheduled for foot surgery this coming Tuesday, August 30, at 2:00 p.m.  Pray all would go well . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment