Tuesday, August 23, 2016

"Breathe, just breathe . . ."

The lyrics to Jonny Diaz' song "Breathe" resonate in my heart right now:

(chorus)
Breathe, just breathe
Come and rest at My feet
And be, just be
Chaos calls but all you really need
(bridge)
Is to take it in fill your lungs
The Peace of God that overcomes
Just breathe
Let your weary spirit rest
Lay down what’s good and find what’s best
Just breathe

Sam is down in Iowa right now with some sort of stomach bug.  He and Micah went to see his parents who are in the same hospital across the hall from each other.  His mom had a hip transplant and his dad has an infection.  They wave.  (Breathe, just breathe.)

Matt is home with me fighting a cold while working extra hours at the Y because our Aquatics Coordinator left for a new job and our Senior Coordinator was injured.  (Breathe, just breathe.)

But not Matt's germs because I found out this morning I'll be having foot surgery next Tuesday to remove a ganglion cyst.  Until then, I'll be battling an ear infection that I discovered this afternoon.  (Breathe, just breathe.)

Meanwhile, we volunteered to host 50-plus people at Sam's school on Sunday for our church's "Step Out and Serve" Day.  We'll be getting the grounds pruned, mulched and weeded. (Breathe, just breathe.)

Add to that, I work three out of the next four days, have a pre-op scheduled and I'll be helping Sam set up his classroom - if he's well enough.  Otherwise, he'll be doing it alone this year.  (Breathe, just breathe.)  

And if you're reading this (Pray, please pray.)

No comments:

Post a Comment