Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Thankful Thursday came on Wednesday!

Can you see the smile on my face?  Did you see me doing the dance of joy?  Have you heard the shouts of acclamation?  My MRI has been approved!  The story goes like this . . .

If you remember, I fell at Sand Creek on April 26, 2015.  Towards the end of December, when my light sensitivity and headaches were going away because of a change in my contact lenses, I began to notice how much my left heel still hurt.  I had seen my foot doctor for it shortly after I fell and we both agreed I had a bruised heel and in five to six months, I should be fine.  But now it was eight months and I was not fine.

So I began hoop jumping.  I called worker's comp who approved my seeing my foot doctor who of course did not have any openings before February 3.  On February 3, he requested an MRI on my left heel.  Worker's comp denied the request and I was given eight weeks of physical therapy.

During week five of therapy, when my heel was definitely not getting any better, worker's comp dismissed me from PT and asked me to see my foot doctor again.  I was able to get in the following week on April 13.  You know he ordered an MRI on my heel - was there any doubt? - and proclaimed it "Playing basketball with worker's comp - we're just jumping through their hoops."  

Today I got word - my MRI was approved!  Once the paperwork is in at Twin Cities Ortho, I can schedule it and then we'll hopefully discover what the problem is.  If I should be so fortunate as to have it all happen tomorrow, why that would just make it TOTALLY THANKFUL THURSDAY!  Until then . . .   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment