Friday, April 8, 2016

Father, Break My Heart . . .

Maybe you know the song by Matthew West:

Father, break my heart for what breaks Yours
Give me open hands and open doors
Put Your light in my eyes and let me see
That my own little world is not about me.

Today, my heart was broken, not once, not twice, but three times for what breaks His.  The first was Z., one of my swimming lesson mom's.  Her eighth grade daughter is back in the hospital being treated for depression.  She's a single mom with two girls, her youngest in lessons with me.  English is not her first language and she's struggling, so I pray and she knows I pray . . .

The second was one of our staff.  Her eight-year old son is starting puberty!  His bone growth is that a twelve year old!  This staff is also a single mom but with two boys.  I am/was no help, but I know Who is, so once again, I pray . . . 

The third was the mother of twins.  They decided to join life early and their dear mother has had to battle for her little preemies ever since.  But they're cute and they're fun and they're so creative - and they're five.  And their school says they are behavior issues.  When I see K. next week, I'll tell her what my husband says - don't change your girls to fit the school, find a school that fits your girls!  Again, I pray . . .   

And my heart hurts for them all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment