Sunday, May 10, 2015

Ode to Anastasis, My Beautiful Black Dog

I just wanted to share the ode Micah wrote for English class . . .


Leaping higher than the world's tallest building,
tail wagging faster than a speeding bullet,
here comes my girl!
With a tongue like a wet mop,
her ears as soft as velvet,
eyes like dark chocolate,
she appears.

Her paws smell like potato chips.
Her fur is soft and warm.
Like a predator looking for prey, 
she seeks out dishes to wash, 
squirrels to chase,
people to love.

With a boisterous bark and a wagging tail,
you know it's time to go for a walk,
She makes me happy when I come home.
She always says hello.

When I'm sad, 
there's a black head on my lap and a tummy to rub.
She's more important to me than a Lamborgini
and faster than one, too.
Even though she's nine years old,
her love will last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment