Thursday, May 28, 2015

Locked Out!

I stopped using padlocks for my locker at the Y about my third month working there because I kept losing the padlocks.  I figured no one would really want to steal my clothes anyway . . .  and so for seven years I've been padlock free UNTIL today!

I finished my shower and went to my locker and there was a padlock on it.  Thinking maybe I had the wrong locker number, I opened the lockers on either side and one was empty and one had clothes, but not mine!  I remembered that when I had grabbed my shampoo there was a lady next to me who was getting ready to swim and I wondered if she had padlocked the wrong locker!  If not, it was just my towel and me!  

Sure enough, I spotted her in the showers and she came back with me.  "I was having the most lovely conversation and I never noticed where I put my padlock!"  Case solved, clothes found!

I was talking with my supervisor afterwards and she said it happens about once a month or so that she's aware of - someone puts their padlock on the wrong locker and they lose their padlock for good because it's always removed with the bolt cutter!  After all, we do need our clothes!   

No comments:

Post a Comment