Thursday, March 8, 2012

Yesterday's Doctor Visit . . .

Yesterday I saw an endocrinologist because there is something going on with my thyroid.  To quote the good doctor, as he felt my thyroid from the front - "your right side is a big enlarged".  Then he felt my thyroid from the back and that was even better - "Wow!  Your left side is HUGE!"  Fortunately, you can't tell by looking at me (:  So he sent me down to the lab where they drew six - yes, I counted them all - vials of blood so they could check for all sorts of things that could be causing my thyroid to be enlarged.  It may be something as simple as a sodium or Vitamin D deficiency or it could be as serious as cancer (doubtful, but they have to give you the worse case scenario).  I'm having a scan done tomorrow afternoon and hopefully some time around St. Patty's day, we'll have an idea of what's happening!  Thanks for praying - don't stop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment