Monday, March 19, 2012

Good News!

Yeah!  I heard from my endocrinologist today and it was good news!  The labs showed that I do have "anti-thyroid antibodies".  These antibodies are responsible for the hypothyroidism I have and potentially also responsible for the goiter.  Yes, that is my doctor's terminology for my enlarged thyroid - goiter!  The word is if my enlarged thyroid is not bothering me , then I do not have to do anything about it.  Especially since the ultrasound does not show any nodules (which could be cancerous).  However, if I do have symptoms such as snoring (my family says I do!), sleep difficulty (someone tell me what sleep is!), swallowing trouble, or voice changes (let me know if you notice that!), then I can have it surgically removed.  So, I'm off to Africa with an enlarged thyroid!  Thanks for praying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment