Friday, February 4, 2022

Thankful Thursday!

A funny thing happened yesterday that makes me thankful for the relationship we share.  The kids' birth mom, Allison, sent me an email saying she had been invited to share her story of why she is not a "typical birth mother" at a video taping at our agency, New Life Family Services, on March 19.  

Seriously, we got the SAME EXACT email, but where her email said "typical birth mother" ours said "transracial adoption".  Sam and I are slated to be taped next Saturday, the alternative date given.

As Al and I sent messages back and forth, we were like, "Hey, maybe NLFS would like to tape us together!  That would be kind of fun!"  So we sent a message to our post adoption social worker who responded today with "we would love to do a triad video with the three of you sharing your stories".  That would be Allison, Micah and I.  Our taping will be right after Allison's on the 19th.  To God be the glory . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment