Thursday, September 23, 2021

While at the dentist's . . .

Over the years, having had two children in braces, I have been able to spend much quality at the dental office as our dentist and orthodontist share the same office space. They also share my favorite dental tech, Julie Simon.  I was hoping for Julie when I went in on Tuesday.  Sure enough, when the door opened, I heard a very loud, "Margo!" to which I responded with an equally loud, "Julie!".  We hugged and danced around the waiting room, then bubbling with laughter, went back to "my" chair.  We were SO loud, I asked Julie if we were going to get in trouble.  She said "no" and we just laughed some more!

She had just started showing me her family pictures when Dr. Karl walked in.  He just smiled and shook his head, let us finish a snippet of conversation and then said, "I do have other patients."  

I couldn't resist.  My appointment was quick (old age!), so I asked Karl and Julie how long I was scheduled for and if we could keep talking.  Karl just smiled and said, "Julie's been her longer than I have.  Have fun!"  Which we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment