Monday, September 6, 2021

At 6:40 a.m.

 It was a balmy 53ºF this morning when I stepped into the invigorating 75ºF Como Regional Park Outdoor Pool.  Steam was rising giving an aura of mystery as I swam my laps . . . 

Wait!  It was freakin' cold, so cold that it took a hot shower, hot chocolate and a hot breakfast to bring my core body temp back up!

But I had promised Matt that I would swim at least once this summer at Como, where he was the Assistant Manager.  Since today was the last day of the season, and, due to differences in our schedules, the ONLY one we could make work, there I was.  Chillin' out this morning!

Along with a bunch of other maniacs!  Once I got feeling back into my fingers and nose, I have to admit, it was kind of fun to swim while the sun was rising and steam was coming off of the pool. 

After my ice cold shower (the showers heat up as the day progresses), Matt took me on a tour of the facility which was really quite nice.  I met some of the staff who were also very nice.  It was good and I'm glad I went.    

No comments:

Post a Comment