Thursday, February 25, 2021

Thankful Thursday!

Today, I am thankful for the women I work with.  They are fluid and flexible.  We knew we were one staff short going into lunch and recess today because J. was going on a short vacation celebrating her 50th birthday.  

When S. went in to grab her outside gear, she found R. white as a sheet and in pain, head between her legs, at her desk.  S. grabbed me.  I ran up to the lunchroom. S. grabbed the nurse, the principal, and our supervisor to help R.  Then she returned to the lunchroom to help me.  Suddenly, we were short staffed, but made it work.

S. and I did our recess time, with S. staying out to cover J.'s recess.  I went back to the lunchroom where K. and D. had no idea R. was missing.  They went out to recess.  S. came in.  Those who were supposed to relieve us never showed up.  So S. and I did another tour of lunch duty - cluelessly!  We later found out that our supervisor had driven R. home and missed her opportunity to do lunchroom duty.  

It was wild.  It was crazy.  It all worked out in the end.  We had lunch a half an hour late.  No worries.  

We're going to be even shorter staffed tomorrow, but I think this team will come through!


No comments:

Post a Comment