Thursday, February 11, 2021

A Beautiful Birthday at Oak Hills Elementary . . .

I like celebrating birthdays, but since I'm the newbie at OHE, I walked in to school today with the mindset, "Expect nothing. You won't be disappointed."  The first thing I saw was this:


Yup, right behind that wall is my "office" and in my office were two gifts and three cards.  One gift was from the tutor team.  A gift card to Starbucks.  To me.  Who's never had a cup of coffee in her life.  But they got the chocolate cupcakes right!

The other gift just made me smile.  I was in the lunchroom probably back in October talking to Angela's son.  Angela is our reading corps tutor.  He was having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and I was telling him how it's probably been twenty years since I've had one.  Angela promised that day that she would bring me a PB&J for my birthday.  There it was - a peanut butter and raspberry jelly sandwich on honey whole wheat bread!  Why wait until lunch?  I ate it right then and there!

My other surprise came when I walked into Mrs. Bakke's class.  She said, "Good morning, Mrs. Zupke!" to which her entire class responded, "Happy Birthday, Mrs. Zupke!"  Obviously, they practiced yesterday!  It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment