Friday, February 5, 2021

"It's Not What You Know, But . . .

Who you know!"  That was proven so true this past Wednesday afternoon at work.  Micah's fourth grade teacher at Christina Huddleston is now the job coach at Oak Hills Elementary.

When Micah was in fourth grade, I volunteered in Janet's room every week, always saying, "Give me the tough kids.  I can handle them.  You need a break."  So Janet gave me the tough kids and for one hour a week, she had a break.  

Fast forward to Wednesday.  On Tuesday night, I had taken a class toward becoming an Apple Teacher.  In order to get my certificate, I have to pass six different classes.  Tuesday's class was on the iPad.  I swear not a thing on the test was taught in the class.  So I asked Janet to help me after I had failed the test for the umpteenth time (there is no limit on the number of times the test can be taken).  We went to her room.  She had her iPad and her iPhone and I had my iPad.  It was hard work, but together, we passed my test!  Thankfully . . .   

No comments:

Post a Comment