Sunday, June 21, 2020

A surprising converation . . .

I had the absolute most fun, most surprising conversation at the wedding yesterday.  The pastor was sort of dismissing the hay bale rows of guests after the wedding.  During his message, I got the feeling that he really knew Jesus, so I asked him where he pastored as he was letting us out.

He said he had been the bride's pastor in Eden Prairie, but was now pastoring at an Assemblies of God church in Maple Grove.

My brain clicked!  Three years ago when Micah and I went to Ukraine, a female Assemblies of God pastor from Maple Grove, Jayna, was our liason with Steiger Ministires and No Longer Music.  She was our girl in the know!  She and her husband pastored a church together.  So I asked . . .

"I know an Assemblies of God pastor up in Maple Grove, but I don't remember her last name or know her husband's name.  Her name is Jayna."

You know what's coming!  

With a big smile, he said, "That's my wife!"

This is the selfie Dale took for her:


What makes the story even more fun is, as we talked, our daughter Micah knows his daughter Eden.  They both attend North Central.  And yes, Jayna remembered me!

No comments:

Post a Comment