Wednesday, December 4, 2019

A Shingles Shot

Since I had only had a very mild case of the chicken pox when I was a child and I had been quarantined at Eagle Lake Camp for two weeks due to a chicken pox outbreak, I was STRONGLY encouraged by my internist to get a shingles shot.  Easier said than done . . .

The pharmacist in my Bible study said to only get a shot at a clinic.

I called my clinic.  I could get in in two weeks.

I went in today.

The first thing the nurse asked me was if my insurance would pay for it.  I didn't know and my phone isn't working. She gave me a phone and I called.  If insurance didn't pay, it would be roughly $400.00.

Insurance would pay.

Then I asked, "Can I get a shot if my husband currently has shingles?"

The doctor responded with "yes".

I got a shot.  Fortunately, it's only a pain in the arm even though it was a pain in the b _ _ _ !

 

No comments:

Post a Comment