Thursday, March 9, 2017

The Wallpaper Paste

Sam, Annie and I went down to Dad's last weekend to help him put a border up in his bathroom.  I had gotten the border and grabbed what I thought was the paste, but it turned out to be the pre-prep paste - not the stick to the wall paste.  Dad wasn't deterred - he was determined to get it done.  

"I'm pretty sure I still have some paste downstairs.  Let me go get it."
"How old is it, Dad?"
"Maybe twenty years - I think your mom and I used it last in the kitchen, but it should still work."

Sam looked at me.  I looked at Sam.  I walked the dog.  He helped Dad put up the border.  As of yesterday, the border was still up and Dad was so happy to have it done.

"You know, that (yucky looking part of the wall) always bothered your mother.  We should have fixed it while she was still alive."  

Mom has been gone for over ten years.  It's good to know twenty year old paste is still sticking!

No comments:

Post a Comment