Friday, January 20, 2017

Thankful Thursday!

Today I want to share that I am thankful for neighbors in just three little bits:

Bit one goes to Neighbor Nancy.  It was ten years ago this month that my mom died.  One of the things I got after she died was a lovely wool sweater in her very favorite color green - a sweater that Sam managed to wash and DRY for me.  No matter how much I tried to stretch it, it remained a lovely LITTLE wool sweater.  Neighbor Nancy came to my rescue!  I am so thankful for her creativeness and kindness . . .  I can still wear mom's sweater, just a bit further from my heart!

Bit two goes to Neighbors Kent and Cindy.  Cindy is fighting colon cancer while Kent just had knee surgery and will be off his knee for the next four to six MONTHS.  I am thankful they let me cook supper for them last night and I am even more thankful that they said "No thanks!" to the squash.  I want them to enjoy their meal!  (Side Note:  I'm also thankful for the two crazy kids who drove the meal up so I could deal with that squash!).

Bit three goes to my seventy-something Neighbors Don and Bernice.  I am grateful they let me come over with my farm scoop and help clear the ice on their driveway.  I just didn't tell them about the stitches until we were done!

Thank you, Father, for my wonderful neighbors!  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment