Sunday, May 8, 2016

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!

We scored a victory yesterday!  We had four older cousins come to the zip line.  San Diego cousin had found us on line - let's hear it for google!  And she convinced her brother and two cousins to join her for a zip while she was in town.  Sadly, girl cousin who could almost see her house from the platform (I never did get her name) got up on the platform and started shaking and crying and saying, "I want to do this so bad, but I can't.  I just can't."  Not one to take "No" for an answer, I asked if she would be willing to try just zip number three.  I explained to her what it looked like, what it felt like, and how she might think she was going to hit the tree at the end, but it was a shorter, less steep zip and she would never hit the tree.  Then, I unhooked her and sent her down the trail.  

I found out when she came up the trail with the biggest grin on her face, she had scored a victory!  She let out a happy scream just for me, "I did it!  I did it!  Twice!" and followed it up with a big hug. Every time her cousins landed on platform three, she joined them and had an absolutely wonderful time defeating her fears!  To God be the glory!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment