Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Joe's Lacking Lesson Plans

For the next two Saturday's I'm subbing for Joe at the Y, teaching advanced swim crew, flying fish and adult lessons.  When Joe asked me to sub, I told him I had absolutely no desire to sub for him, I had never taught any of these classes at the Y,  I only did Red Cross strokes, and I had never been on swim team; HOWEVER if I was the last person alive who could sub for him, I would do it because I like Joe.

Fast forward to this morning - I worked and found Joe's lesson plans waiting for me attached to four liters of REAL coke!  Remember the old commercial, "Have a coke and a smile!"?  Well, these lesson plans did not make me smile!  So much for Joe's detailed lesson plans!  First of all, I couldn't understand them - I mean what's an IM?  Turns out it's butterfly, breaststroke, back crawl and freestyle.  Freestyle?  Oh, you mean front crawl!  Yikes!  It only took three different staff half an hour to explain it all to me!  And they all agreed - these were the worst lesson plans they had ever seen Joe leave.  But now I have a clue and I'm willing to give it a go - and if all else fails, I will drink coke!  Four liters to be exact!   

No comments:

Post a Comment