Sunday, July 19, 2015

God-Ordained Visit

I had the privilege of working at Sand Creek yesterday and we had a couple of wild groups.  The first group was Rob's Surprise Birthday Party.  As I was putting one of Rob's friends up on the high ropes, I thought I smelled alcohol, but since I don't really have a good nose for sniffing out things like that, I decided to let him go.  He probably would have argued with me anyway, saying he has just dropped a beer on his shirt.  However, I did catch the group saying they had beer in the car . . . so we kept a close eye on them for the rest of the day.

Meanwhile, Calvin was working with the bachelorette party on the Giant's Swing.  They had carried beverage cans down the hill, but they assured Calvin it was just root beer.  Unfortunately, he didn't discover until they had left, that there was no root in that beer!

For safety's sake, we have a no alcohol policy at Sand Creek and group number two should definitely NOT been allowed on the course.  Group number one wasn't caught with alcohol, they were just suspect.  

It made it frustrating for us for as a staff because none of us need liquid courage.  So after those two groups had  left, God sent an angel of encouragement in the form of my friend, Lee, who happened to be on her way to a party, but she was early.  When she saw the Sand Creek sign, she pulled in to check us out.  Both Calvin and I were able to talk with her for a bit and she said that when her grandchildren came out to zip, she was bringing us lunch.  

We've never had any one bring us lunch and just that encouragement made a rough day smoother!  Thanks, Lee!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment