Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A Laugh from the Past!

Through a random conversation, my dear friend Heidi found out that her co-worker, Jodi, and I had something in common!  I was Jodi's youth pastor when she was in seventh grade.  Today we met for lunch and I tell you what - thirty years later! - I could have picked Jodi out of a crowd of 100!  She thought I looked the same, too (bless her!).  

What was the most fun part of our conversation?  Laughing about a trip we took to the Boundary Waters and how we were a bit devious with the other campsite in our group.  I'm sure, being the godly leader I was, I had nothing to do with this (and those of you who know me well will know this was totally my idea!).  On our last night we had a lot of leftover food and none of us wanted to portage it back out.  As Jodi tells the story, she and a couple of the boys stuffed their coats full of our extra food and brought it over to the other campsite.  Before they could leave our food unnoticed in their stash, they were caught and accused of stealing that campsite's food.  What could they do but apologize and leave all of our extra food there!  Don't you love it?  

No comments:

Post a Comment