Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Snow Day!

Sam's district called at 5:23 a.m. to let us know there would be no school today and our district followed with a phone call at 5:30 a.m. - the kids wouldn't be having school either!  However, the Y never closes so a little before 9:00 am., I followed the trail down 35W to work!  

My first class, one out of four children showed up.  His first words to me were, "I'm sick, but swimming will make it better" and then he coughed all over me with snot running out of his nose!  

My second class, one out of four children showed up.  He was suppose to be able to swim half way across the pool without any help or floatation devices.  He couldn't do it on his front or back.  Mom assured me he could do it with floatation devices ON and the Prior Lake Y HAD passed him!  My boss got that one and I bet the Prior Lake Y gets a call . . .

My third class everyone showed up - both boys!  And since I was quite happy by then (my family was sleeping in when I left, I'd been coughed on and boogered and the Prior Lake Y had passed anyone who was cute), I made the boys swim laps in the big (translation:  cold!) pool!

Hope you're enjoying your snow day! (:   

No comments:

Post a Comment