Sunday, February 5, 2012

January 9, 2012

I told Sam when I got home from the missions meeting, I felt like we had been approved before I even walked in door.  I tried to explain to the committee that we hadn't said yes yet.  I was very concerned about leaving Micah behind.  I was also concerned about my tendency to be seasick.  One of our reasons for going was to see if working with children was something Matt was truly interested in and if it was something he was good at and wanted to pursue as a career.  And we wouldn't be doing outreach - we would be sailing!  Every argument they had an answer for:  God would take care of Micah and Sam; He could keep me from being seasick and He could keep the seas sooth; it was good for me to spend this time with Matt and truly see if this was part of God's plan for his life; and we would be going to serve the children of the ship and that was a very good thing."  Okay, God, it's in your hands, but I did have one more phone call to make . . .      

No comments:

Post a Comment