Sunday, February 5, 2012

January 6, 2012

Oh,  I heard back from his teachers alright!  Read on:  "What a great opportunity for Matt and you.  I will everything I can on my part to make this feasible for Matt to miss the last few weeks of ASL class."  "I think this is a great opportunity and could work it out so that Matt is able to finish his Algebra early."  "While I never promote a student (I'm sure you both agree) to be absent from school (especially the last two weeks of school), it sounds as if this would truly be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  I will do my best (keeping in mind this is my first run at physical science) to get Matt the work ahead of time."  "As for your question about the trip opportunity at the end of the school year -- my personal opinion is to go for it.  What an incredible opportunity for both of you, and an amazing learning experience in so many ways for Matt.  Obviously, I can totally understand your concerns with pulling him out early, especially if it means he would need to test early, but at least for my part, I would do whatever I could for Matt to make it doable.  I could get him review materials early in the quarter and I think he wouldn't have an issue taking our final early.  At least for our class, I believe the trade off of him being able to do such an incredible thing would be worth it!"  Yup, that sounded pretty much like a "yes" to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment