Sunday, February 5, 2012

January 3, 2012

Sam received a lot of e-mails from me today!  First of all, Brian did not say "no"!  He forwarded my questions to Emily, Mercy Ships Staff and Recruitment Manager.  Right after I opened his e-mail, I got this from Emily:  "I re-activated your applications before I left for the holidays and yours was on my chair when I arrived back this morning.  Because I hadn’t heard back, I sent another e-mail earlier this morning to our Operations Director requesting that Matt and you be able to serve this summer, as this is a unique situation.  As soon as I hear from him, I will let you know.”  Four hours later, Emily wrote again - "Good news!  I’ve heard back from our Operations Director and Nikki Aldum (the Academy principal) with her input.  We would like to go ahead and recommend we move forward with your re-application and Matt's.  Because this situation is a unique one, we want to stress that Matt’s role is to be a helper with the Summer Program and under the supervision of you and the other Summer Program team.  We believe this will be a great summer – but we just want him to be aware of his position and responsibilities with the team!  I will re-activate his application and give your paperwork to the General Placement Facilitator to follow-up with the remaining pieces.  I’ve copied her to this e-mail to answer any other questions you may have as we continue working through the application process.  She’ll confirm and send a final acceptance letter once we get final approval from housing."  Things were moving a bit too fast for me and not necessarily in the direction I was sure I wanted, but I knew we had an even bigger hurdle to cross - could we pull Matt from the last two weeks of school? 

No comments:

Post a Comment