Thursday, February 8, 2018

Thankful Thursday!

I actually came up with three different subtitles to go with today's post:
  • I Drive a Tesla!  That's what I texted the kids yesterday.
  • I Plead the Stick!  That's a play on "I Plead the Sixth".  After thirty plus years of driving a stick, it made sense to me.
  • It's All In Your Perspective.  That's the one I chose to go with because it really does depend on your perspective.  Read on . . . 
Thankful Thursday!  
It's all in your perspective . . .
I was off to meet a girlfriend for lunch yesterday and wouldn't you know?  I was running late and the garage door wouldn't shut.  We've been having problems with it off and on all winter.  Naturally, the day I'm running late it would be "off".
I hopped out of the car and ran into the garage and pushed the button and waited for the garage door to come completely down.  Now, some of you think cars are just a hunk of metal.  I tell you what - my car missed me.  She was outside all alone.  And she drove into the garage to find me.  That's my Tesla!  You thought it was a Toy, but she was self-driving yesterday and didn't notice the door was down.  Obviously, after all of those years of driving a stick shift, I did not put the car into park.  An honest mistake - really!  I also shift at stop lights when I no longer need to.
So I ran around the house the long way - the closest fence gate is currently frozen shut, making a trail where no one's gone yet this winter!  Fortunately, we don't have a lot of snow.  I backed my car up.  It really is fine.  We're not sure if the hood may need some paint or a good buff, but my garage door is totaled.  Which leads us to our title - it's all in your perspective.
Just before I was leaving to meet M for lunch, I was reading an e-mail from S.  S and I were the best of friends when we worked at Eagle Lake Camp and we have maintained that friendship for over thirty years, last getting together in Texas four years ago.  S just found out she has breast cancer and she is having a double mastectomy next Thursday.  My car only hit our garage door.
I had lunch with M.  We are former co-workers.  She's going through some hard times right now, the worst being that her husband, who she thought she would spend the rest of her life with, asked her for a divorce the night before.  She was crushed.  My car only hit our garage door.
On this particular Thursday, I can tell you I am ever thankful, in light of my dear friends, my car only hit our garage door.  It's all in your perspective . . .   

     

No comments:

Post a Comment