Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Scavenger Hunt!

In 2007, when we ventured to the Africa Mercy for the very first time, some friends of ours from New Zealand gave us the names of friends of theirs who would be on the ship while we were.  Our job was to find Trevor and Faye's friends and greet them, thereby making new friends for us.  We had a blast and met some great people!

This past Saturday there was an article in the local paper, the STARTRIB, about Ashley Vick, a nurse from Lakeville, MN, who is currently working on the Africa Mercy.  I took a chance, figured out her ship e-mail and contacted her.  

She responded!  I pulled a Faye and Trevor and sent her a list of friends to greet - thinking "we had so much fun doing that, maybe she will, too". I even gave her the departments they were in. 

Then my brain turned a bit devious.  I thought, "Wouldn't it be a hoot if my friends on the ship came up to her and greeted her?"  I've already heard back from two of them, one is the managing director, and they are excited to go on my scavenger hunt and find Ashley Vick! 

My biggest fear?  She will no longer want to get together when she comes home next month!  My friends can be a bit wild and crazy . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment