Saturday, August 29, 2015

A Word a Day . . .

I thought a "word a day" might be the best way to describe this week.  Let's see if I can do it!

Sunday - LUNCH - Matt and I went out for lunch at Five Guys because we could!  And we ate all the peanuts we could while we were there simply because we could!  We could never bring Micah there with her peanut allergies, but she and Sam were on the farm . . .

Monday - COLLEGE - Matt started college at Normandale today!  Where did those years go?

Tuesday - GAGE - is a three-year old who came over for dinner with his family.  Wow!  What a live wire!  But the high light of the night was definitely when we walked outside to discover Matt playing soccer with four-year-old Lucy!

Wednesday - RICH - Two years ago I was rear-ended on 35W and the insurance company of the man who nailed me thought I was due money for bodily injury.  Who was I to argue?  I told Sam if it was $50.00, we were going out for dinner; $1000.00 meant a new couch; and anything more was a new car.  We're thinking we'll be going car shopping whenever my car dies or next summer - whatever comes first! - because the amount was definitely over $1000.00!

Thursday - WORK - Micah joined Matt working at Applewood Apple Orchard and said she had fun!

Friday - GOPHER - as in the "Gopher Sports" Purchasing Department joined me at Sand Creek today.  I took them through the low ropes, sent them up the high ropes and let them fly across the zip line!

Saturday - FIRST - that would be Sam helping me for the first time ever (in over 24 years of teaching!) put up a bulletin board!  And he's much more of a perfectionist than I am - go ahead, read between the lines!  

No comments:

Post a Comment