Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Speaking up . . .

Monday morning while I was working out at home, a commercial came on that showed two thugs holding a third guy on a bridge, then pushing him off.  I thought, "Wow, what a horrible commercial!  I can't believe someone is advertising murder/suicide!"  Do you know who made it?  My employer - the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities!  I was floored . . . and appalled! 
So I send an e-mail to the top of our Y, the director, totally by-passing my chain of command by two levels.  We met at 9:45 a.m. this morning, Scott and I, and what he called "edgie", I called "wrong".  In the end, he went to his superiors.  By 10:45 a.m. this morning, the commercial was pulled and now you can't even find it on YouTube!  And believe me, that was the right decision!
Correction:  The commercial will be pulled by January 31. 

No comments:

Post a Comment