Saturday, January 3, 2015

Jabulani!

I received a gift yesterday that brought a smile to my face.  You see, last summer, when the Academy Prinicpal Nikki returned to South Africa for surgery and Micah and I took her place at Mercy Ships International Operations Center for the Kids' On Boarding Program, I had asked Nikki, if she had time, could she find me earrings from South Africa since I have earrings from every country we've visited in Africa except her home country.  They arrived yesterday full of memories and love!  The top of the package said "Jabulani" - which just happens to be the theme song of the Africa Mercy - "Rejoice, O Africa".  I've attached it here for your viewing pleasure - my favorite version with Lionel Peterson.  Under Jabulani on the package, it was printed "kwazulu natal free trade".  Kwazulu Natal is the area our friends Ben and Kristy lived in and the name of the University they worked at.  More good memories!  And wouldn't you know - Nikki had found me earrings in my favorite color - teal blue!  Thank you, Nikki!  And she's promised earrings from Madagascar when she visits there in March.  Something to look forward to . . .   


No comments:

Post a Comment