Saturday, May 3, 2014

When the sump pump fails . . .

It's never on a day when you have nothing else to do!  No, ours died about 3 a.m. Tuesday morning.  Fortunately, Sam found it before any damage was done AND he left me in bed!  When I woke up at 6 a.m., he was already at Home Depot buying a new one, so I walked the dog and got the kids off to school while he put the new sump pump in.  Unfortunately, when I got home from work at noon, it just did NOT sound right (or left, for that matter!).  Sam encouraged me to call neighbor Don as he was sure he could fix it.  Fortunately, neighbor Don willingly came over and solved the problem.  Unfortunately, Don asked me to help him and I got a screw driver impaled in my hand (totally my own fault!).  Fortunately, it did no major damage.  Unfortunately, blood and I don't do well.  Fortunately, Don snuck out to the garage and called his wife.  Bernice came running over to take care of ME!  Unfortunately, Don left to try and get a new part and that left dear sweet seventy-plus year old Bernice emptying the sump pump well by hand with my one gallon ice cream container.  Fortunately, Don was able to find a part and fix it.  And now the rain has ceased, the swelling in my hand has gone down and I can type again!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment