Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Glory Story . . .

Thursday afternoon during a conference call with our summer Kids' On Boarding team, I asked if we had any petty cash available to buy things like marshmallows or skittles for special events.  I was told a definite "no" and that we also didn't even have funds to purchase craft supplies.  Whatever we were going to use either had to be donated or we could purchase it on our own.  In fact, Brian encouraged us to ask our "facebook friends" and by Friday morning, he had received $20.00.

Since, I don't facebook, I decided to ask my real friends.  I had a few in mind.  The first one I saw at the Y yesterday morning - she was a friend from church.  She asked me how fundraising was going and I told her about Thursday's conversation.  And then I asked if she and her husband would be willing to help us fund some special events.  She went into her locker and a few minutes later turned back to me - "This should help."  Friends, she gave me a check for $100.00 to be used for arts and crafts.

To God be the glory!  And, if there are any other friends out there . . . well, I won't say no!    

And the rest of the story?  I was also able to share with my not-yet-believing co-worker what God had done - mostly because I was so amazed I couldn't keep quiet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment