Sunday, January 5, 2014

We have a Lifeguard!

Yes, dear friends, we have a lifeguard back in the family and praise God!  It's NOT me!  My lifeguarding expired in May of 2012 and I have had no regrets!  It was time to let it go . . .

A few weeks ago, I was talking to my "bosses" at the Y, Barbara and Lori, about Matt needing a part-time job and they practically jumped me!  Barbara wanted him to be a lifeguard and Lori wanted him to be a swim instructor - we're a little short staffed right now.  When I got home, I embellished the story a bit and told Matt my bosses were fighting over who would get him to work at the Y!  After a few days of conversation, Matt asked me to sign him up for the blended learning lifeguarding class to be held this past weekend at the Y.  
Monday through Thursday of this week, Matt spent daily time watching CPR-PR, First Aid and Lifeguarding videos.  Friday (after a full day at school) he went to class from 4-8 p.m. and passed the prerequisites.  Saturday and today he had class from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and we're proud to say . . . he did it!

CONGRATULATIONS, MATT!


We do have an unemployed lifeguard on our hands, but he did send in his application to the Y when he go home . . . stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment