Saturday, September 7, 2013

FIND JERRY . . .

On August 18th, I was approached after church by an elderly man who I recognized, but did not know - and am sad to say - still do not know his name.  He told me that his (nephew?) Jerry  had been missing In Africa since April 7th.  

Jerry worked for SAS Aviation Service out of Bamako, Mali.  He had been in Johannesburg, South Africa bringing a company plane back.  He was the lone pilot on the plane.  He never arrived back to Bamako.  

Jerry had been a missionary pilot with Missionary Aviation Fellowship for twenty-three years.  When MAF left Bamako, they sold the aviation service and the new owner hired Jerry.  He and his family stayed on in Bamako until Jerry's disappearance.  His wife, Gina, and their three children have all since come back to the states.  I don't even know where.

But this I know - that gentleman from church asked me if Mercy Ships could put out information on Jerry.  Ah, the hazards of wearing a "Mercy Ships" t-shirt to church!  So I prayed quick and gave him my friend Keith's e-mail address.  

I just heard from Keith this morning for the second time regarding Jerry.  The Africa Mercy has scrolling announcement screens throughout the ship that will soon have Jerry's information on it.  

What makes this HUGE is that EVERY person on board will see the screens - from crew to day workers to visiting dignitaries to crew visitors to patients to patient visitors.  Because you see, as you draw a line from Jo'burg to Mali that line goes directly over the Congo where the ship is currently docked!  To God be the glory! 

Pray that we would "find Jerry".
 

No comments:

Post a Comment