Thursday, June 20, 2013

Just rocks . . .

Sam and I are moving a ton of rocks today - and if it's really not a ton, it sure feels like it!  Somewhere in the process, my mind went back to Africa where in Sierra Leone (think "Blood DIamonds") itty bittys were paid (not much!) to MAKE rock.  That's right - take a big chunk of rock and a chisel and MAKE rock all day long on the side of the road in the heat and the humidity with dust swirling around from passing vehicles.  And when your day is done, you go back to the shack where most likely there is no running water, no cool drinks, no electricity, definitely no air conditioning and no shower and when the sun rises tomorrow, you'll do the same thing for another day.  As I sit here with my coke in air conditioning, I know life's not fair - but heaven is.  To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment