Friday, January 4, 2013

A Resounding "YES!"

Another article taken from another blog - I couldn't even tell you who - there is no name - I'm sure I've never met her - but I do know she's a receptionist on the ship and she joins me in giving Mercy Ships a resounding "YES!"  Read on . . .
I like Mercy Ships thinking . . . I have learned that this Mission Ship not only prays in advance to seek which destination they are to serve at next, they also invite the World Leaders in the neighboring countries to give their thoughts on which country is in the most need.
Like they did for Guinea here, it has been 10 years since they were last here and the Ship prayed and felt like they had their “Direction”.  For affirmation, they invited the World Leaders at the last gathering talk amongst themselves to determine which of their countries needed Mercy Ships the most.  They all responded with Guinea!!!
Africa Mercy will continue with the surgeries of VVF Ladies, Max Fax, General, Goiters/Thyroid that are benign only!  I love that they pray with their patients before going into surgeries. I love that the Medical Team prays even prior to patient.  I respect that they choose to operate only on illnesses & afflictions that Guinean’s can obtain necessary medicines thereafter.  
I love having the opportunity to pray (quietly) for individuals that are not having the opportunity to have their needs met.  That means….. while we are able to serve some, I felt saddened for others whom we’ve had to turn away at this time (because of the predetermined qualifications).  To me that gave me opportunity to pray for these individuals and ask that “If we cant serve them medicinally, I pray for a Divine healing be administered instead”! I quietly touched and pray this with as many people as I could possibly touch!
I love hearing the singing of the African women this morning as they are waiting their surgery.  You can pick up on their atmosphere of “hope & healing” has arrived.  They have been shunned by the community for so long and now they are being given the chance to re-enter life & community!!!  It is a great day.  It is restoration.  It is healing all the way around!
Mercy Ships has been asked to sail to Congo after this next dry dock period.  Extra nice thing about this is the President has already commissioned Mercy Ships to build a medical barge.  It would travel up and down the interior river of their Country and meet the needs of the people there.  Their plan is to have us work along side their Nationals for 6 years, train them & transfer the responsibility over to them.
From time to time we also get special guest that want to come on board and do “Humanitarian Run/Service”.  This next week is bringing in two Actors from Germany. Apparently, they are well known there, but not much beyond the borders of Germany.  They will come & serve in our Galley for a couple of weeks. Should be interesting, if not novel!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment