Sunday, February 19, 2023

Concussed!

While doing fifth grade math on Thursday, I finished writing on the white board and went to sit down in my chair - only it wasn't there!  I fell down hard, cracking my head against the bookshelves in my space!  It was LOUD and two teachers came running, wanting to make sure I was okay.  There was no bump and no blood, but boy, did my head and my bum hurt.

Since I was injured at work, I had to jump through all of the proper hoops in reporting.  Without going to a doctor, but based on my symptoms and what happened, we determined I had a mild concussion.  I spent Friday wearing my BluBlockers and icing whenever I could grab an ice pack from the nurse.  I felt nauseous, but not really bad enough to stay home until . . . 

My last group, back with my fifth graders.  I asked what happened, how did I fall on Thursday?  The answer surprised me, ticked me off and made my supervisor so angry - the young man in our group moved my chair - deliberately - thinking it would be funny, but I'm not laughing . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment