Thursday, August 12, 2021

Tentmakers

A year after college, I joined an organization known as "Tentmakers".  Through them, I was placed at Granite Falls Lutheran Church where I worked part-time and was the youth director part-time, following the example of the Apostle Paul who also worked part-time as a tentmaker while sharing the gospel.  It was a lovely experience and I formed several life-long friendships. 

Fast forward to Sunday.  One of the girls I worked with at ISD 196 left for Tentmaker training and I'm going to be on her prayer team.  I checked out their website and Tentmakers has really changed since I was there in the '80's, except for one thing - the founder Dick Amundson is still in charge!  I told Ally to give Dick my greetings!  I'm sure he'll remember me - I was at his sister's church!    

No comments:

Post a Comment