Sunday, October 19, 2014

Eight Days a Week!

This has been just a fun eight day week!  It began last Saturday when I taught an Emergency Oxygen Administration class for the Y.  The room I was to teach in was most easily accessible through the gym which was closed due to floor resurfacing.  Praise God for the custodian who helped me carry my equipment through the childcare area, down the hall and into my new classroom.

Sunday I was back at the Y for our quarterly swimming instructor inservice doing the trudgeon and inverted breaststroke - two strokes I'm positive only swimming instructors know or do - and only at insevices!

Monday I was at ISD 196 where instead of teaching first aid, I was able to manage the pool at Black Hawk for two hours at my instructor (highest!) pay rate.  I have to say, I had a blast - really!  I had to translate Red Cross swimming lessons into the program ISD 196 uses and let instructors know if their students passed or not!

Fortunately, Tuesday and Wednesday were off, and Thursday and Friday were easy days at the Y teaching preschoolers how to swim.  

And then there was Saturday!  Umm . . . hmm!  It was the most gorgeous day at Sand Creek Adventure as I sent people off on the zip line!  Need I say more?


No comments:

Post a Comment