Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Today's Doctor Appointment

Today was my annual check-up so I could be read the riot act on my cholesterol (always too high!) and my thyroid (always perfect!).  Oddly enough, my doctor pulled me in from the waiting room.  He said the nurse was busy and he was ready for an easy patient (pretty sure he meant me - he's been my doctor for 25 years!).  He checked my weight and height and told the nurse he still remembered how to do it.  Then he told me my cholesterol was too high (no surprise!) and that my thyroid was perfect (really?).  But he never mentioned that I had lost nine pounds since last year, so when he left I asked the nurse for a sticker because there should be some reward for losing nine pounds!  I got the Cinderella sticker in the bottom right corner that I've worn with pride all day!  Just ask Paul and Melinda because when we had lunch together, I was the only adult wearing a princess sticker in the restaurant!
P.S.  My friend, the goiter, grew just a bit on the right side (:

No comments:

Post a Comment