Sunday, March 23, 2014

No more happy place . . .

The nerve block in Sam's shoulder disappeared somewhere around 10:00 a.m. yesterday while I was teaching CPR-PR at the Y - in classroom B, not Kids' Stuff North where I normally teach (I know - creative naming by someone!) which meant I spent my morning dragging infant, child and adult manikins along with AED's, face masks, gloves, paperwork and school mats (yes, my class did thank me for protecting their knees!) through the Y - in a laundry cart!  I came home exhausted an hour later than normal to a husband in pain, a son who wanted to build a fire, a daughter who spent her morning being a "go-fer" and a happy puppy!  Of course, as Sam was telling Matt how to build the fire, he gave him the wrong instructions - he closed the flue instead of opening it and filled the house with smoke setting off the fire alarm and scaring the dog. Somehow, the alarm going off must have scared Matt, too, because he spilled a mug (and I mean his gigantic Mercy Ships mug!) of hot chocolate on the fireplace and the floor.  And all I wanted was lunch!  So after icing and drugging the husband, petting the dog, wet vaccumming the floor, and folding laundry (I started that before I left) - I ate!

Fast forward to this morning and I taught 4th grade Sunday School.  We're in Exodus and talking about those grumbling Israelites and how after seeing God do all those miracles, they still complained!  We also talked about how we could turn our complaints into thanksgiving and it hit me on the way home - I have not been doing that!  

So to everyone who heard me complain this morning about my whiny husband, I apologize.  I'm now working on being thankful.  I am glad that I do have a husband and I'm even glad I have mine.  And I'm even happier that he seems to be doing way better now than when I left this morning.  Thanks for asking . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment