Saturday, February 8, 2014

Feed My Starving Children - Part 2

Wow!  The church was absolutely packed this morning with packers for Feed My Starving Children.  It was awesome!  And I must say - we kicked butt!  We ended up NOT finding our church group until after the event was over, so we packed with a father/son team from Shakopee, a very quiet woman from Shakopee who knew the father/son team and another father/son duo from Burnsville.  I spent my second day also sealing rice packets with the seven year old from B'ville using a sealer that worked some of the time while his dad packed boxes (and helped me seal while his son drew on the paper table covering and otherwise amused himself - it must be hard to be seven and volunteer for two straight hours!).  When it was all said and done - we had packed 1,096 boxes which were filled with 236,736 meals.  Enough food to feed 649 children one meal a day for a year.  More than the day before!  Here's a look at my favorite workers:

Matt, Micah and Sam's maroon sweatshirt
 

No comments:

Post a Comment