Thursday, November 29, 2012

Not one, not two, but . . .

THREE!  Yes, I am on my third cast this week - and it's only Thursday!  Monday morning my very wonderful cast cover made specifically for showering in got a very small hole - smaller than a pencil eraser.  And in that very small hole, water poured in and soaked my cast!  After spending a day with a blow dryer attached to my toes, I decided maybe I should call the doctor on Tuesday and see if there was something else I should be trying.  I called the doctor and the doctor said, "New cast.  Can you be here at 1?"  I said, "Sure".  Know that it was 11:58 a.m. and I can't drive.  But in only three (see a theme going through here?) phone calls, I had a driver and three hours later, I was home with my new hot green cast - that was too short in the toes, probably by about 3 centimeters - just short enough to make me rock when I walked and throw my hip off.  So I called the doctor about 8 p.m. Tuesday night and got a call back Wednesday morning.  If I could come in on Thursday morning, they would put on a new cast AND take my stitches out and I wouldn't have to come back for five more weeks!  Note:  new word - five.  Double that and you'll see I had ten stitches taken out and a new hot green cast (it is Christmas!) put on!  The moral of the story:  God IS in control!  Glory!   

No comments:

Post a Comment